The European programme on the use of space techniques for risk management
Jean-Pierre Massué1, Geraldine Naja-Corbin2
1Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France.
: +33-388-412-614, Fax: +33-388-412-787,
2European Space Agency, Paris, France.
: +33-153-697-532, Fax: +33-153-697-382,
- contribute to improve the management of major risks by a better use of existing and future space techniques
- improve the synergy between the different current activities, the logical starting point being the users' needs
- European Commission
- European Space Agency
- National Centre for Space Studies (France)
- Council of Europe ( EUR-OPA Major Hazards Agreement)
The STRIM PROGRAMME is open to any public or private body of the States of the European Union, the European Space Agency or the Council of Europe EUR-OPA Major Hazards Agreement under the conditions of conformity with the following partnership criteria:
- significant contribution to the programme
- balance between users and space agencies so that a strong programme liaison be maintained with the users
- and the agreement of the programme partners.
This programme relies on the willingness of the organisations concerned to propose, amongst the activities for which they are responsible, those which could be included in the european programme.